Friday, September 10, 2010

Book Review: Robin Hood - King of Sherwood

Book Review: Robin Hood - King of Sherwood by J.A. Watson

A friend of mine lent me this book. I've read lots of Robin Hood interpretations over my lifetime (Stephen Lawhead's Raven Trilogy is quite good) so I was bit curious on this take from an unknown author. I'll be brief with this one. It has a kind of "pulp fiction" feel to it but it started out slow. Real slow. I would say even that it was boring for the first few chapters. A lesser man may have succumbed and put it down but I persevered as I get stubborn about such things (I've only not completed 3 or 4 books that I've started - War and Peace was one of them). Eventually though as the plot evened out and a little suspense built up (as well as some romantic tension between Robin and Marion) I found myself engaged. I was glad I slogged through those first few chapters. I'd rate the book (a quick read) 3.4 ninja stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment